What is FlapKap ?
We are the financial growth partner for the digitally-native businesses in the Middle East and Africa. We support online businesses to overcome their cash constraints by financing their working capital and we ensure their growth without losing equity. We also give them insights on their media spend to maximize their revenues and profits.
For more info, check our features on TechCrunch and Forbes.
FlapKap is fast, smart, collaborative and first a kind startup that aims to disrupt the financial industry in MEA. FlapKap is backed by QED, A15, Outliers, and Nclude with a total financing of $3.6m USD. FlapKap is a safe environment with a welcoming atmosphere to creativity and innovation FlapKap is dynamic and progressive. Everyday there are new challenges and significant achievements that make everyone charged, excited and proud to belong.
- Competitive Salaries
- Hybrid working environment
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- A culture of learning and innovation
- Office located at Maadi, Cairo
Why is this role?
Product Design plays an essential role in achieving an increase in the sales and growth of the business. The Product Design improves the user experience and customer satisfaction that ultimately helps increase the number of users of the application. As Senior Product Designer, you will break down mind-boggling complex financial workflows, into pragmatic and intuitive designs. You are comfortable switching between projects, conducting research, and guiding teams through the process. You are motivated to mature the process of design, within both your team and throughout the organization.
What will you do?
- Lead the design for highly-complex and technical products
- Collaborate with other designers and multi-disciplinary teams. Partner closely with engineering, product, and partners, to build user-centered, feasible, and delightful solutions.
- Conduct user research through interviewing or concept testing, and synthesizing the findings into insights and practical design solutions.
- Align, while also being autonomous, with your work, taking responsibility for planning, implementing, communicating, and collaborating at every step.
- Provide UX and service design thinking, and leadership, to develop the right-sized process, strategy, and outcomes for a project or team.
- Use storytelling and strong communication to inspire, share, and align others towards experience visions.
- Produce concepts, prototypes, and flows, knowing when to be pixel-perfect and when low-fi sketches are the right approach.
- Help with developing and refining our design processes, standard methodologies, and design visions.
What skills do you need?
- Expert designer with 3+ years of experience designing mobile & desktop web applications for enterprise systems.
- You are passionate about tools, automating work, and improving the life of the people every day.
- A proactive and collaborative designer with the ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team. You’re comfortable building products, participating in tech discussions, and know how to get others’ input on your work.
- A phenomenal teammate willing to share your skills and experience with the rest of the design team and organization.
- You have excellent communication skills together with analytical thinking and problem-solving capability. You love to break down and simplify complex problems and you are confident to present to mixed audiences at different levels of the organization. You speak expertly about your design work and convince others of your reasoning.
- Strong systems thinker and problem solver who can connect the dots between various user groups, behaviors, and workflows and turn them into simple and impactful design solutions and flows.
- Able to deliver high-quality work and prototypes, and care about the impact you are bringing to your users.
- Please provide an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us. Please be sure to provide any necessary passwords, we cannot advance your application without them.